FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY – Financial Accountant, Birmingham, Up to £33,000 p/a
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a leading, independent freight and logistics enterprise just outside of Birmingham’s city centre. This company are striving to build a great place to work and dynamic team, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can make a difference. They regularly looking to endorse key business values and champion diversity and inclusion. They are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their operation.
Reporting to the Finance Manager & Finance Director, you’ll strive to ensure that the finance framework runs accurately & smoothly. You will be responsible for the financial accounting and management accounts preparation of each entity adhering to month end timetables. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsibility for all financial accounting including balance sheet reconciliations, Profit & Loss, and financial statements for the Group of Companies
- Produce management accounts including cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Monitoring and managing daily financial operations, cash flow, and inter-company transactions
- Processing accruals, prepayments and monthly & year end journals
- Reporting on debtors and creditors and delivering and supporting credit control processes, maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers, and dealing with invoice queries/disputes
- Finance Business Partnering duties with one of the companies in the group
The successful candidate will have to possess a strong work ethic and positive communicator, with this role being full-time office based and 8.45am-6pm Monday-Friday. Other essential requirements include:
- Solid understanding of key accountancy principles and processes
- ACCA/CIMA Part-Qualified
- First-rate numerical skills, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experienced and have worked in a fast-paced finance department
- Proficiency with Excel and accounting software programs
This company is offering a great opportunity for someone looking to build on their financial accountancy experience. They provide study support, free parking and a chance to progress with business partnering opportunities. Don’t hesitate to apply!