Our Milton Keynes based client is a leading business in its niche for an HS2 related project. This well- established construction and civil engineering powerhouse is going through an exciting period of growth. They are seeking to hire a knowledgeable Senior Finance Manager to ensure the financials are carefully managed but just as importantly to ensure the Finance business Partnering service provided is of a high standard.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be expected to take the lead on all aspects finance for the business. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing monthly overview of the financial situation
- Thorough interrogation of the balance sheet to make sure everything is as it should be
- ‘Cash is King’ and therefore a clear and cogent cash position is expected as a bare minimum
- Provide a superior business partnering service to the myriad of key stakeholders. this will include making large data easy to understand for all audiences
- Lead from the front, demonstrating by example, how the Accountants /Business Partners should handle key situations
What’s On OfferSenior Finance Manager role - £60k -£70k –Hybrid working- Some excellent benefits
- ACMA/ACCA/ACA. To be qualified is a must, as most of your small team will also be qualified accountants
- Exposure to large capital major build projects would be a nice to have but not strictly essential
- What is important you be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of complex budgets and forecasts ;cost control and how to manipulate and present large data
- Just as essential is the ability to be able to walk through clearly what to do when things go slightly awry or even begin to look like a serious issue
- This type of capability is essential if you are to provide a sense of comfort to all the key players
This is a great opportunity to make your mark on this high value project. The successful candidate will be able to cherry pick the best opportunities as upward mobility is very warmly embraced in this dynamic firm.