FANTASTIC NEW OPPORTUNITY
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT – Up to £24,000 p/a – Stoke-on-Trent (Hybrid working)
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a progressive, reputable company in the Stoke-on-Trent area. They are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team.
This is an extremely rounded role for someone comfortable with high-volume datasets and an eye for detail. Some of the main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Purchase Ledger Administration (e.g., coding and posting of invoices onto the system, conducting payment runs, maintaining an efficient recording and filing system).
- Completion of daily interfacing routine and control account reconciliation, including standing order and branch & agency reconciliations.
- Processing CHAPS, BACS & Faster Payments as required and posting of manual payments to the cash book
- Assist the Management Accountant in the production of month end accounts, including accruals, prepayments & balance sheet reconciliations
- Completion of daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and submit statutory regulatory returns to external governing bodies
- Maintenance of Society Petty Cash
They are looking for a highly experienced individual who can come in and really hit the ground running and help the rest of the team. Other necessities that the successful candidate will possess include:
- Fully AAT Qualified (Essential)
- Proficient on MS Excel (Pivot tables, SUMIFs, VLOOKUPS etc)
- Experience with bank reconciliations
- Numerate and analytically minded, with attention to detail
- Financial services background desirable but not essential
The role also offer the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement, flexible hours and personal progression and development opportunities with a friendly team and positive working environment.