Sheridan Maine has been retained to source a new Finance Director for a Birmingham based consultancy firm who are starting a phase of growth. The salary on offer is circa £100,000. The package includes 29 Days Annual Leave, Pension Fund entry – Defined Benefit (very valuable), hybrid working model – approx. 2 days per week in the office , Core working hours of 36.5 per work , access to My Birmingham rewards discounts across a wide range of products and services, green car purchase leasing (coming soon). Interested? Read more below..........
This position will support the Management Director as they look to steer the business into a new phase of growth. Over the last 4 years the business has re-structured and made a lot of the decisions needed to put the business on the path of growth. The Finance Director is a crucial hire to continue this process. Alongside supporting the MD and running the finance function the Finance Director will manage IT and the Contracts division.
In summary the role of the Finance Directoe is to manage all commercial, financial and business aspects of the business:
What we are looking for:
- Design, develop and implement the financial strategy
- Responsible for accounting, taxation, payroll, capital requirements, debt and credit control, equity and acquisitions
- Budget setting
- Statutory accounts
- Annual financial audit and performance
- Operate and management of company bank accounts
- All company Insurance requirements
- Group Company governance,
- Risk management and mitigation processes in line with the agreed Risk appetite of the Board.
- Design, develop and implement the company ICT strategy and related operations, including any future transformation activities.
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of the systems, processes and line of business applications relating to the areas of the postholder’s responsibility
- Leadership Team lead for the Audit Committee
A commercially astute Finance Director who can operate as a true business partner / critical friend to the MD. An individual from a contract, projects, consultancy background who has had involvement / oversight over commercials. The ideally candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACMA, ACA) and will be able to demonstrate a strong accounting skillset to compliment the astute business acumen required to be successful.What’s on offer:
The salary is circa £100,000. The package includes 29 Days Annual Leave, Pension Fund entry – Defined Benefit (very valuable), hybrid working model – approx. 2 days per week in the office in the vibrant Brindley Place Birmingham, Core working hours of 36.5 per work although you are expected to do the hours required to fulfil the responsibilities of a senior role, access to My Birmingham rewards discounts across a wide range of products and services, green car purchase leasing (coming soon).