FANTASTIC NEW OPPORTUNITY
CREDIT CONTROL - £23,000-24,000 p/a DoE + bonus – Meriden, Birmingham
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an extremely reputable, well-known business in the Meriden area. This is a company that puts its people first, proven by being one of The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work For, for eleven consecutive years! They’re looking for a Credit Controller to join their team.
Reporting to the Contracts Credit Control Manager and Team Leader, a credit controller is responsible for the provision of a Credit Control Service to all customers, to obtain payment of outstanding invoices within the timescale agreed. The day-to-day duties include:
- Building and maintaining frequent contact with peers, clients and suppliers outside the organisation in order to collect outstanding debts quickly and efficiently before legalities need to be instigated.
- Resolving disputes on invoices by liaising with the branches and clients.
- Providing a credit control service to Clients and Branches.
- To collect monies on designated accounts by telephone contact, correspondence, fax or email.
- Account reconciliations and analysis of reports
The successful candidate will be a person with the following attributes:
- Determination to set and meet specific targets.
- Communication skills, expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely when negotiating with clients on credit control issues.
- The ability to make decisions about priorities and tasks anticipating likely difficulties and making contingency plans to recover debts.
- System skills to include Excel, word and various bespoke packages.
- A strong work ethic and an eye for detail.
- Competitive salary.
- Monthly bonus.
- Free parking.
- Access to ‘Perkbox’ scheme.
- Reputable, award winning company.
A great opportunity for a credit controller who is comfortable with high volumes of work and is a great communicator/team player.