- Liaise with project managers, the commercial team and planners to provide financial support to aid decision-making, identifying opportunities and vulnerabilities and supporting the close out of financial positions around key financial reporting dates. Maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and evaluating processes to ensure that robust, relevant and adequate financial controls are in place
- Deliver accurate and consistent project reporting information to meet the needs of the project team and finance management with the required timescales of the business unit and the wider group and including the development and preparation of forecasts, risk review and challenge.
- Deliver value adding and robust financial service to the project team and initiate continual review and improvement of processes and procedures to ensure that the financial control requirements of the business are met
- Financial governance requirements including financial control framework and initiate continual review and improvement of processes and procedures to ensure that the financial control requirements of the business are met
- Internal and External reporting including statutory & governance reporting
- Provide support to Treasury regarding provision of hedging arrangements to de-risk foreign currency exchange rate exposure and to monitor and control timing of foreign currency payments
- Direct, coordinate and undertake the budgeting process, applying appropriate challenge and analysing the inputs in co-ordination with the FP&A team for senior leadership review. This individual needs to understand and articulate the financial “story” of variances to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Fiduciary duties as Line Manager of 1 assistant project accountant. Recruit, retain and develop.
You will ideally be fully qualified or finalist. Able to work in Telford for 2 days per week minimum. Posess strong communication skills, ability to influence and present financial data to non finance stakeholders.