A key role within one of the UK's best known brands, going through the most exciting period of strategic growth and transformation.
Overseeing the site Finance function, you'll lead a team and be the single point of contact for operational management, providing meaningful insight and analysis to support decision making, business performance reporting and challenging service and cost performance. This will involve working closely with operational colleagues and attending weekly/monthly management meetings as finance representative.
To be successful in this role you will need to have/be:
- Production and analysis of monthly management results, commentary and analysis
- Challenge and guide operations on performance improvement, through the creation of a robust management reporting framework
- Create and implement a finance training programme for operational teams
- Work closely with operations to drive labour savings
- Development of effective balanced scorecard reporting for operational management
- Business performance reporting (Weekly periodic cost reporting)
- Forecasting, sensitivity and scenario planning
- Analysis and challenge of operations, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Drive through cost reduction initiatives
- Review and document key operational procedures
- Support the delivery of Central Finance agenda such as Budgets, Forecasting, Central Reporting, CI initiatives, etc.
Salary to £45k + Car (Tesla) or £4,320 allowance, 15% bonus, life & medical cover, pension and discount scheme. Hybrid working arrangements in place up to 3 days WFH per week.
- Fully qualified (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) or due to qualify within the next 18 months
- Logistics/distribution sector experience
- Systems skills including Excel
- Leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Qualities: Resilience to work in a fast paced environment, confidence to build solid relationships with and constructively challenge operational colleagues, motivation to exceed expectations
This is an ever transforming business with a hugely exciting future and a big emphasis on its people and culture.