ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
About the Company:
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a well-known, reputable business in the manufacturing sector. This company, based in Staffordshire, boasts a global reach, a pedigree for innovation and an impressive brand. They recognise as a business that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of their team, which you can now be a part of as Assistant Financial Controller.
About the Role:
As an Assistant Financial Controller, you will need to liaise closely with key internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve your objectives. As a key point of contact for the Business Unit’s Finance function, you will need to be approachable and knowledgeable and be able to advise and respond to queries in a professional and courteous manner. The main duties include (but are not limited to):
- Support the development of financial strategies within the businesses.
- Ensure robust financial and systems controls are in place, in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Produce monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations in line with the Group Accounting Calendar.
- Leading the forecasting process for the business unit. Working closely with the key stakeholders across the business to update the rolling 12-month forecast.
- Annual budgeting: as per forecast, leading and working with key stakeholders to compile the annual budget for the business.
- Management Accounts preparation and variance analysis.
- Implement appropriate controls to monitor and maximise cashflow.
About the Person:
The successful candidate will be someone who can work within an established team and can deliver continuous improvement – challenging the status quo, problem solving and actively looking to develop more efficient practices. Other requirements include:
About the Benefits:Other than the chance to join a market-leading business that will support your career progression and development, this role offers:
- Being ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified or Finalist
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Experience of working with high volumes and tight deadlines, with a proactive approach to prioritising your own workload
Lauren Thorp on 0121 423 8018 or email@example.com
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave
- A strong pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Access to the company’s healthy living program