As a Regional Finance Manager, partnering with the Regional Manager and Senior Finance Manager you will play an instrumental role in the profitable management of depots within your region. You will identify and drive operational efficiencies and deliver key business projects using your commercial acumen and expertise.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Providing advice and insight of cost opportunities to the Regional Manager, as well as supporting in the implementation of strategic plans
- Taking the lead on specific projects, ensuring we deliver ‘on time and in full’
- Assisting the Network and Regional Manager and depots with robust planning and forecasting measures, the application of commercial policy and the standardisation of financial processes/tools
- Producing and reviewing weekly and monthly financial and management Reports, whilst analysing and interpreting operational data to drive improvements in business profitability
- Developing and mentoring a remote team of administrators to ensure accuracy of reporting and standardisation of process across the Region
Ideally you will be a commercially astute and fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with a right first time mentality and a solid grasp of management accounting principles/ practices.
You’ll also be able to evidence:
- Proven experience of operating in a business partner or equivalent level role, coupled with the know-how and confidence to present clear and simple results in a cost focused setting.
- Strong planning and forecasting abilities, backed by a genuine desire to get to know the business and really understand the activities and underlying cost drivers behind it.
- Advanced Excel and first rate communication skills, plus a good knowledge of reporting tools, as well as evidence of involvement in the successful delivery of project based activities.