An opportunity for a capable qualified accountant to join a supply chain giant working with a household name brand, in a vital role which forms part of the site Senior Management Team. This is a business with a great track record in retaining and developing talented people.
As a result of the internal promotion of the current incumbent this opportunity has come available within this vibrant and fast paced distribution centre, for which you would play the lead Finance role. Reporting remotely to divisional management and with the support of your Finance Admin Assistant you would work alongside the Site Manager, HR Manager and the Commercial Manager on a day-to-day basis to ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the site. Your duties would include:
- Budgets, forecasts and corporate planning
- Monthly reporting including variance analysis
- Cash flow forecasting
- Contribution of financial element to monthly customer reporting packs
- Updating KPI packs for internal & external use
- Contract compliance
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders
- Partnering SMT colleagues to manage costs and identify cost saving opportunities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Salary to £50k + £4k car allowance + flexible benefits scheme including pension and option to buy/sell annual leave.While you'd probably want to spend a good proportion of your time at the site while you learn about the business, it's expected that this would quickly level out to an average of about 2 days per week on-site, the remainder working remotely.
- Fully qualified (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience of working in a high-volume, fast paced environment (ie. manufacturing, logistics, FMCG, etc.)
- Strong communicator - able to engage and influence multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of SAP, contract compliance, agency rate cards and union agreements would each be highly advantageous, although none of these are essential for the right candidate.