As Director of Finance, you work provide strategic leadership to the finance community with a headcount of approximately 100 people. You will also be responsible for the management of an annual spend of circa £600million with potential of becoming a £1billion. To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience on managing a contract of this size and complexity. Extensive networking will be required to ensure you full visibility of the account enabling the successful delivery of activities such as; Business Modelling, Cost allocation criteria, Pricing Definition and Break-even point analysis.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for driving, influencing and managing a controlled and effective finance function. Working within guidelines, this role will deliver accurate financial results in a strong control-focused environment while managing and influencing financial/commercial risk and investigating any margin improvement opportunities.
- Providing financial leadership, governance and support as a senior finance business partner.
- Drive, influence and manage solutions to minimise financial and commercial risk on existing contracts and improve efficiency, profitability and cash flow. Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making process.
- Build solid relationships with both external and internal customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice.
- Support the finance business partners and operations teams to deliver efficient start-ups and projects and ensure effective commercial propositions are developed and implemented.
- Manage and influence multiple stakeholders - Internal & External - day to day customer relationships including their finance team.
- Proven track record of successfully managing large and complex accounts with a minimum value of £200million annual spend.
- Ideally previous experience of managing an open-book account.
- Previous experience in strategic business modelling.
- Extensive skills and experience in networking activities required for large scale accounts.
- Experience within a customer facing environment.
- Experience of leading a large Finance community.
- Experience or an understanding of key sectors such as logistics, warehousing, supply chain or distribution.
- Qualified Accountant ICAEW or CIMA or ACCA or equivalent.