Sheridan Maine is absolutely delighted to be working with an extremely well-established Company. Our client is a global manufacture with an outstanding reputation offering a 6-month fixed term contract to the right candidate. They are seeking a Part-Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) OR Qualified Accountant (AAT) Assistant Accountant to join their fantastic team based in Minworth - Birmingham.
In your role, you will support the Finance Department by preparing and analysing financial information and reports – during this you will, support the budget process, maintain reports, records and complete basic bookkeeping duties with the support of senior finance team.
Day to day tasks will include but by no means be limited to:
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review prior to submission
- Review and prepare monthly accrual and prepayment journals
- Maintain monthly analysis and schedules for year-end audit and tax
- General Ledger review to identify recoding where necessary
- Support the monthly submission of reports in HFM
As an Assistant Accountant, you need to be a self-starter with a positive ‘can-do attitude’
What’s on offer
- Qualified (AAT) / Part-Qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Experience in a similar role (1 / 2 years)
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Experience of interacting with auditors and other advisors
- Outstanding communication skills- written & spoken
On top a generous salary of up to £28,000 you will also receive:
- Free on-site Parking
- Solid exposure
- Great team to work with
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with Caitlin on 0121 432 8018.