This position offers a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious, qualified accountant to enjoy a senior UK finance position which would serve as an ideal preparation for progression to FC/FD level and beyond.
Undoubtedly a leader in its field, this long established, international business has for many years been at the forefront in driving sustainability through its products, innovating and working tirelessly towards a circular economy. With operations around the world and a turnover of £300m+ this group and its people are deeply proud of their products and the impact they have, in an ever-evolving consumer market.
Reporting directly to the knowledgable and supportive UK Finance Director and with line management responsibility, this is a broad and interesting role with a good degree of independence, combining day-to-day financial oversight and responsibility with commercial input. You will also enjoy heavy involvement with the implementation of a new ERP system, and its later "bedding-down" and continuous improvement. Duties will include:
- First port of call for operational/commercial colleagues for financial input into decision making
- Close involvement with budgeting and forecasting
- Contribution to operational and commercial meetings
- Quality weekly, monthly and annual reporting
- Manage the UK audit and corporation tax processes/compliance
- Execute and ensure effectiveness of internal controls
- Ensure the intergrity of the general ledger
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have/be:
Salary to £50/55k + 15% bonus, with hybrid working arrangements (currently 3 days WFH, expected to be 1 day long term) and a good work life balance. You will also be supported in your personal and professional growth towards more senior roles in future.
- Ambitious, ACA Qualified, Big 4/Top 10 trained
- Post-practice experience of working with an ERP system in an industry/commercial setting
- Analytical ability - to digest information, draw conclusions and present to stakeholders
- Credibility - to earn the trust and respect of, and influence, senior colleagues
- Tenacity, inquisitveness and accountability will be key qualities for success in this position