Fantastic opportunity to join our Birmingham based Advisory team providing specialist M&A advice focused on delivering the maximum value to our clients as they undertake acquisitions, disposals, buy-outs, and capital and debt raising.
Our diverse team of 14 advises shareholders and management teams of companies predominantly across the wider Midlands area. The team structure will enable you to work alongside senior members of the team and provide you with good exposure to the key decision makers at our clients.
You will be:
- Supporting senior members of the team on a wide range of mid-market deals through the preparation of financial due diligence reports, Information Memorandum, valuation reports and financial models
- Analysing financial statements, management information and deal documentation for the preparation of due diligence reports and sales document
- Proactively assist in the management of and liaise with portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Reviewing, summarising & presenting financial data-packs
- Reviewing clients’ financial models, benchmarking operating assumptions to historical data and commenting on the integrity of financial models
- Preparation of market research to support the valuation of companies, including comparable company analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and market analysis
- Researching potential buyers for businesses
- Reviewing legal documents such as sale and purchase agreements and completion accounts
- Project management of M&A processes
- Support in identifying potential clients, building relationships and developing the brand in the market
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, studying towards or completed ACA / ACCA / CIMA or similiar with a background working SME/OMB/Entrepreneurial clients. A keen eye for detail and strong analytical skills are crucial due to the nature of the role, as is the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. A high standard of literacy and report writing is key to being successful in this position and applicants who can demonstrate strong commercial acumen will be at an advantage.