A golden opportunity for an innovative Finance Analyst with advanced systems skills to play a key contributory role in the transformation of Financial Planning and Analysis within an instantly recognisable UK brand.
A large, private equity backed consumer brand, this is a fascinating, fast-paced and complex environment which maintains a supportive and collaborative culture whilst pursuing ongoing operational and financial optimal performance.
Reporting to and supporting the FP&A Manager you will be responsible for maintaining, developing and streamlining the finance forecast models, providing the business with understanding and explanation of the £300m cost base. You’ll also assist in performance analysis working alongside the Reporting Team and the Commercial Finance Team to provide insight into historic and projected performance. Duties will include:
The person will have/be
- Management of financial forecasting tools, developing an understanding of financial modelling undertaken to be able to drive continuous improvements, remediating potential issues and highlighting risks or opportunities within the business.
- Understanding underlying assumptions within the model, support the update of these and allow continued full use of the model across commercial finance and wider business teams.
- Supporting forecasting cycles with analytics to identify trends, outliers etc to enable better explanation of numbers.
- Working closely with Finance Business Partners with analysis to understand monthly performance through linking Operational KPIs and variance analysis against the forecast/budget
- Support the forecasting & budgeting process, challenging business inputs and understanding any significant changes between forecast cycles.
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team to ensure accurate month end reporting (BAU plus continuous development to improve speed, accuracy and insight).
- Improve financial performance by providing insightful and accurate analysis and challenging the business where necessary
- Support FP&A Manager on ad hoc projects
In return you will enjoy working for and contributing to the success of a known and loved brand with a friendly, high-calibre team.Salary to £45k + 10% bonus + comprehensive benefits + 50% WFH
- A solid base of Finance & Accountancy knowledge (likely fully ACMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or finalist) with excellent systems skills - in particular a natural aptitude for mastering new advanced BI systems, analytical tools or coding (knowledge of VBA, Power BI, SQL, R, Data Studio, Tableau would all be of interest)
- A passion for, and track record of showing initiative and making innovative systems and process improvements in order to deliver enhanced business information
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience in a deadline driven finance environment – adaptable and proactive
- Used to handling and analysing big and complex data sets