Financial Controller - £55-60k +Bonus -SME Leicester
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be recruiting for an exceptional Financial Controller to business partner the senior management team and help push this ambitious SME to the next level.
Our client has strengthened its position to be now one of the brand leaders in its niche. They are not willing to sit on the laurels and have decided to drive onwards and upwards. Integral to these plans will be the hire of a high quality finance professional.
Reporting to the MD your key role will be to deliver timely, complete management accounts, cashflow, manage aged debt and ensure arrangements with external stakeholders goes smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Production of comprehensive Monthly Management accounts with incisive commentary
- Business partner and act as ‘Critical Friend’ to Directors
- Budgeting &Forecasting
- Cashflow daily/ weekly/ monthly
- Manage Bad debt and aged debt
- Ability to improve purchasing
- Investigate historical issues, stock values etc
- Manage relationships with professionals, Banks, Auditors, HMRC etc
- Significantly improve processes and procedures
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of management and financial accounting exposure preferably gained with a larger business. Requirements include:
What is on offer?
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Demonstrate experience within a growing SME environment
- Illustrate where you have been able to provide challenge to board level contacts
- Show a track record where you have improved or implemented processes and procedures
- Exhibit the ability to use Excel to speed up workflow
- Exposure to eCommerce would be advantageous
- Credibility in improving stock control and purchasing
In addition to the competitive salary and free parking. This is a great place to work, with an easy commute. The role also comes with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. The company are working in a “Hybrid” fashion currently with mixture of office and WFH. The company will also be introducing a bonus scheme.