FULLY REMOTE HOME-BASED ROLE - UK BASED
If you're a practice trained, ACA or ACCA qualified accountant looking for a first step into commerce or perhaps already in industry with exceptional, up to date technical knowledge, this could be the job for you!
A progressive, people-centric consumer services business with a long and proud history, and an exciting future. AIM listed this business is positioning itself for continued organic and acquisitive growth, including significant digital diversification.
A high profile technical Financial Accountant role offering significant exposure and interaction with the CFO, FD and SMT this is a newly created position desgined to provide expertise on all aspects of group-wide technical accounting advice and reporting requirements across all brands.
- Lead and project manage external reporting including interim and year end (Feb) reporting, production of Annual Financial Statements and external Big 4 audit
- Provide technical accounting advice to Finance and wider group, encouraging continuous improvement and advising on business issues, projects and new initiatives
- Support the Group Finance Manager in the preparation and consolidation of Group accounts
- Keep abreast of upcoming changes to reporting standards and requirements, and lead on shaping the regulatory reporting environment across the Group
- Manage the relationship with Big 4 tax advisors, and manage and review periodic tax reporting and payments
Applications are sought from people who are practice trained, fully ACA or ACCA qualified and looking to make a first move into a commercial environment, or perhaps you're already in industry with exceptional, up to date technical expertise. You must have reporting/audit exposure within businesses of >£100m and you will also have experience of deploying a change in reporting standards (eg. implementing a new IFRS, SOX or switching GAAP-IFRS) within a client or business.
You will need excellent communication skills to be able to comfortably build professional and social connections within a remote working environment, and a forensic eye for detail along with the ability to plan, prioritise and execute a significant task or project.In return you will enjoy working within a friendly and vibrant team, in a key role which gives you a fantastic platform for onward career development.Salary to £52,000 plus share scheme, life cover, pension matched to 7%, health cash plan, 25 days annual leave with option to buy/sell up to 5 days, discount scheme and long service awards.