Reporting to the Finance Manager of a large Multi National Plc based in their Birmingham HQ, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure all Duty/VAT charges from HMRC are recovered from receivers or relevant Business Units
- Ensure Duty/VAT recharges are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Duty/VAT charges from Business Units are recovered from UK customers.
- Reconcile HMRC charges to the business deferment account
- Extract, manipulate and analyse relevant Duty & VAT data from UK and other third party systems.
- Through multiple stakeholders (e.g. Credit and Billing), ensure all exceptions that arise from the reconciliations are resolved in a timely manner.
- Produce weekly reports to highlight amounts billed, percentage recovery rates from BU’s, number of queries and other key KPI’s, exception reporting
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the International Finance team.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Available to start now or within 2 weeks
- Be numerate
- Have excellent Excel skills along with other data–orientated systems
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Have good planning and organisational skills and be able to work in a team
- Be able to establish good working relationships in a cross functional environment
- Have a positive attitude, flexible approach and a passion to learn