A thriving household name brand which is enjoying UK and international expansion has created a brand new position to support the Head of Tax and Treasury with Corporate and other Tax matters for the business.
The role will be varied and interesting offering real breadth of exposure and touching on all areas of tax within the business, and as such would represent an ideal move for someone looking to take their first step from the Tax profession into a commercial business.
Duties will include:
· Assist with the preparation and calculation(s) of current and deferred tax provisions, including consideration of recognition and utilisation of deferred tax attributes.
· Assist with the preparation of corporate tax payments on account for UK and ROI.
· Ensure timely compliance with corporate tax obligations.
· Manage and maintain the tax control framework for corporate tax processes and assist with maintenance of effective controls.
· Assist with the preparation of capital allowances analysis for retail stores, head office, and distribution in the UK and ROI.
· Assist, as necessary, with claims for Research and Development Expenditure Credit.
· Support with the preparation of OECD compliant transfer pricing documentation (including Master File and Local File(s).
· Assist with the implementation of transfer pricing policies for cross border transactions to ensure compliance (including reviewing cost allocations, allocation keys, etc.).
· Liaise with colleagues across the business and across different territories in order to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation.
· Support with the implementation of software solutions (e.g. ERP).
· Maintain appropriate documentation to support withholding tax position(s) taken.
· Provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Treasury and Tax on a “Project” basis e.g. non-routine transactions, certain employment tax matters.
· Assist with SAO and CCO compliance.
· Support the Head of Treasury and Tax with HMRC queries related to the corporate tax return(s).
· Ensure effective cross-departmental communication and build effective and collaborative relationships both internal and external.
The employer is a true employer of choice with a fantastic track record for retaining and developing talent, thanks in part to the ever changing business environment offering endless opportunities for growth and development. With a knowledgeable and talented line manager who is genuinely passionate about the business and the role that this position will play, you’d be joining a talented and welcoming team.
The ideal candidate would be part or fully qualified (CTA or ACA) and looking to make their first move out of a Big 4/Top tier firm into industry or with some industry exposure already. You’ll be collaborative and communicative, able to engage with stakeholders at all levels and present complex information in a meaningful, concise way. Adaptability, tenacity and curiosity will help you to thrive in this role and the dynamic business environment in which it sits.
Salary to £50k + £4k car/allowance + bonus to 15% + healthcare + pension
Flexible working - up to 3 days remote working per week