We at Sheridan Maine are thrilled to have been engaged on an exclusive basis by one of the region's most popular corporate employers to recruit a talented Financial Reporting Accountant for this exciting, brand newly created opportunity.
This business is undoubtedly one of the most successful players in its competitive marketplace and continues to deliver strategic growth both in the UK and overseas, certainly a great employer brand for a CV. Their talented, ambitious employees are supported to grow and progress, meaning retention rates remain high and long term career development prospects are excellent.
Reporting to and supporting the Financial Reporting Manager this is a brand new permanent role designed to ensure that the business is able to meet requirements from Group for Statutory Financial Reporting, to include:
- Developing the quality and accuracy of financial reporting through the introduction of improved review processes as part of the annual, quarterly and monthly process
- Accurately and timely delivery of financial reporting – primarily monthly but including quarterly and other ad-hoc reporting requirements of the business/Group
- Timely and accurate delivery of Statutory Accounts for the Group (working alongside the Financial Reporting Manager)
- Leading process improvements in reporting across Financial Accounting, including the reporting implications of IFRS16
- Implementation of new accounting standards into periodic financial reporting as required (in conjunction with other financial departments)
- Provision of financial advice to the business outside of Finance as required
You will have the opportunity to add extra value through the development of quality, timeliness and accuracy of reporting and the delivery of process improvements. This is a fantastic platform to build your profile internally and secure onward progression.The Person
The ideal candidate will be fully ACA qualified with a strong academic record. This position would represent a fantastic first or second move into industry from a Big 4/top tier accountancy practice. You must be technically up to date in both IFRS and UK GAAP with a structured approach to delivering objectives and a good understanding of process. Initiative, tenacity, strong communication skills and creative problem solving skills will all serve you well in fulfilling this role.
In return you'll enjoy working in a friendly and dynamic team environment, among a high calibre peer group. Salary is to £50k plus car/allowance, pension, healthcare.