Cost Accountant - up to £55,000 p/a - Telford
Sheridan Maine have been exclusively engaged by a thriving, global Manufacturing business to hire an experienced Cost Accountant for their Telford site. With a number of diversified product brands, this company continues to invest heavily in its people, processes and products, and boasts a loyal and capable workforce with a deep pride for what they do.
The Cost Accountant plays an important role in driving operational performance and profitability by supporting the finance function with detailed understanding of standard costing and insightful variance analysis. Additionally you will provide robust reporting including commentary with the support of 2 direct reports whom you will guide and develop.
- Reviewing monthly variances while providing commentary
- Monitoring and reporting on Fixed Costs
- Maintaining Standard Costing
- Responsibility of setting budgeted standard costs
- Responsibility for the Fixed Asset reporting and variances vs budget
- Providing analysis of variances
- Reporting on forecasted stock
- Part qualified/ Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge
- SAP experience
- Previous cost experience
- Strong Excel
- Previous supervisory and management experience
- Up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Working from home (1/2 days in the office)
- 34 days holiday including stats
- Service days
This a superb opportunity for an experienced Cost Accountant to utilise their experience in an organisation which offers a challenge along autonomy and responsibility. Within this role you will have the opportunity to challenge current processes to drive improvements in an organisation which is has a strong focus on employee development and satisfaction.