The “Finance Manager – Projects” is a highly influential role being responsible for the management and continual improvement of all areas of financial support for their Service Support Business. This individual will interact with key senior leaders on a daily basis, so a confident and professional approach to stakeholder management, combined with a technically sound accounting knowledge and desire to create value, is essential.
Our client is a successful manufacturing and service sector business which is enjoying a period of expansion, and which achieves a high performance culture whilst maintaining a supportive and friendly working environment and an enviable work life balance. They are a long term contracts based business with a diverse revenue stream coupled with a large launch programme in progress. The diversity and launch offers its employees challenge and opportunity.
- Ensuring that all existing and newly formed projects operate under an appropriate and effective set of financial controls, ensuring integrity of the accounts at all times by adhering to company Policies.
- Actively lead and participate in monthly business and contract status reviews.
- Provide commercial financial advice and support for business development including financial modelling and actively challenging the financial robustness of proposals
- Liaise with project managers, the commercial team and cost centre managers to provide financial support to aid decision-making
- Direct, coordinate and undertake the budgeting process, applying appropriate challenge and analysing the inputs in co-ordination with the FP&A team for senior leadership review
- Lead the Project Accounting Team to undertake financial reporting and forecasting and provide input to internal & external reporting.
- Provision of financial advice and support to senior members of the Project team.
The perfect ("unicorn") candidate would be/have
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 5 years PQE
- People management experience in a UK manufacturing business, preferably that has undergone a significant programme of change
- A thorough understanding of IFRS15 and Project Accounting
- Excellent Excel skills with SAP experience.
- Experience with internal and external stakeholder management, able to understand and articulate the financial “story” to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
We're looking to hear from people who meet at least 4 of these 5 criteria.On Offer:
Salary on offer is up to £50,000 with a comprehensive benefits package to include bonus, pension, 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave and a 1pm finish on Fridays.