Up to £50,000
The “Finance Manager – Cost Base” position is an important, value-adding role which has overall responsibility for the management and reporting of the cost base for your areas, with a highly desirable Telford employer.
Our client is a successful manufacturing and service sector business which is enjoying a period of expansion, which achieves a high performance culture whilst maintaining a supportive and friendly working environment and an enviable work life balance. They are a long term contracts based business with a diverse revenue stream coupled with a large launch programme in progress. The diversity and launch offers its employees challenge and opportunity.
In summary you’ll lead the monthly reporting and quarterly review process, engaging with operational and finance management, highlighting and driving savings into the cost base forecast. You’ll provide monthly updated forecasts and commentary into the reporting team and you’ll lead the cost base consolidation process. You’ll also play a key role in the rates agreement process and it’ll be necessary to build solid working relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all area under responsibility operate under an appropriate and effective set of financial controls, ensuring integrity of the accounts at all times by adhering to company Policies.
- Develop a robust set of KPIs and reporting processes to aid senior leaders understanding and decision making around cost base, stock, fixed assets and labour rates.
- Liaise cost centre managers to provide financial support to aid decision-making, identifying opportunities and vulnerabilities and supporting the close out of financial positions around key financial reporting dates.
- Take overall responsibility for the calculation and agreement of business charging rates, including establish relationship with the client and auditors to take the rates to an agreed position.
- Lead a small team to undertake financial reporting and forecasting and provide input to internal & external reporting.
Applicants will be fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or QBE with experience of reporting and managing down costs ideally in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to work independently and to confidently build and manage successful and influential stakeholder relationships being able to articulate complex financial problems to non-financial individuals. You must be able to understand and follow process whilst challenging and pursuing continuous improvements. You will have people management experience in a similar sized UK business, preferably in a business that has undergone a significant programme of change and have a thorough understanding of operating within a manufacturing setting. Have excellent Excel experience with SAP experience as a desirable. On Offer:
Salary on offer is up to £50,000 with a comprehensive benefits package to include bonus, pension, 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave and a 1pm finish on Fridays.