Our construction client have had a profitable 2020 following record years in 2018 and 2019. They are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to support the Finance Director and manage a 4 strong team. Working at the company’s office the role will be to support both the Operational Business Unit to ensure the smooth running of multiple contracts and the finance team in a demanding financial environment.
Detailed knowledge of CIS and payroll being critical, as well as the ability to manage a team of four financial administrative staff who cover all the areas of a finance function. Through your professional attitude and skilled approach to your work you will instil an ethos in the teams around you to develop and maintain the highest standards of working practise and aptitude
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing weekly CIS payments, ensuring contractual accuracy from the QS team, and legislative compliance are maintained to the highest standards.
- Processing weekly payroll
- Controlling month end ledger closure.
- Maintaining control of the cash book and bank accounts.
- Credit control for a modest volume of sales invoices, building and maintaining client relationships.
- Reporting on all aspects of financial issues to the FD, and be responsible for the monthly purchasing report production and presentation in monthly meetings.
- Able to mentor and develop junior members of the team.
On offer is the opportunity to work for a high calibre FD with the autonomy to manage a small team. Alongside the salary the role comes with 26 days annual leave plus stats and a company wide bonus scheme. The long term contracting nature of the business makes it a secure organisation.