Sheridan Maine are looking for a Payroll Assistant to join a fast-paced payroll department based near the Solihull area. A brilliant chance to get involved in more complex payroll and build a career within payroll.
The organisation has a large weekly payroll and monthly payroll that involves excellent query resolution and due to the nature of the company and the role it is a perfect opportunity for the Payroll Assistant to learn new skills.
The duties of the Payroll Assistant include:
- Assisting with the weekly payroll of 20,000+ people
- Handling and organising queries in order of importance
- Handling SSP, SMP, SPP and other forms of statutory pay
- Sign up employees to the auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Assist with year-end payroll
The ideal Payroll Assistant will be:
What’s on offer?
- Be able to work in a team
- Work confidentially in line with GDPR
- Previous experience with high volume payroll (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of HMRC legislation within payroll
A competitive salary of £20,000-£25,000
As well as the benefits and competitive salary the ideal Payroll Assistant will get the opportunity to learn some new key skills. The Payroll Assistant will be able to support junior members of the team and it is a brilliant place to build your payroll career with the progression opportunities on offer.