Sheridan Maine is working with a Coventry based SME to recruit a Finance Director. The role will support their rapid growth phase managing risk, cash, investor relations and supporting the board with commercial decisions and sales.
The successful candidate will have accountability for all financial operations, including managing working capital, capital expenditure, tax management, budgeting and statutory accounting procedures. By taking control of the firms accounting function you will work closely with the CEO to develop a performance culture where striving to meet financial targets is positively recognised.
In this role you will:
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, ensuring positive cash flow from operational efficiency to support our strategic growth plans.
- Work alongside the CEO providing proactive advice to Stakeholders towards strategic decision making.
- Presentation of financial performance to investors, bankers and other parties with accompanying recommendations.
- Ensure the firm complies with all standard UK accounting standards and procedures affecting it. Creating and maintaining reliable financial supplier relationships, including Lenders and Accountants that support future growth and innovation.
- Be responsible for a small team. Identifying future talent in others and supporting learning and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be commercially astute and have proven experience working as part of a Senior Team, either as a Finance Director or as the number two to the FD in a larger organisation in a complex environment. You will be an ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified, with significant PQE. As the business is in a growth phase you’ll remain hands on and be able to move from the detail to the strategy seamlessly.
On offer is the opportunity to join an invested business with genuine ambition couple with the opportunity to join at the beginning of this journey putting your stamp on finance, supporting decisions and joining the ownership in the mid-term in order to benefit as they plan to exit 2023 / 24.