"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Isaac Newton.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working on behalf of our esteemed client, a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation based in Richmond, London. Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Assistant Management Accountant to join their dedicated finance team.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant will include:
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will require:
- Record journal entries and manage the processing of staff expenses, as well as handling purchase and sales invoices.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage the AP inbox.
- Assist with the preparation and production of weekly, fortnightly and monthly staff wages.
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements in accordance with established company procedures.
- Conduct effective collections activities to follow up and resolve past-due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved.
- Perform daily cash reconciliation by consolidating deposits of cash received from all cash-handling employees.
- Thoroughly document, manage, communicate, and address all instances of Cash Variances. Handle the preparation, maintenance, and administration of cashier banks and contracts with precision.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
What's in it for you:
- A degree in Finance or Business.
- Previous experience (3-5 years) in a similar role.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Support with professional development and training following a successful probationary period.
- A high degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team.
- Room to grow and excel within a fast-paced, high-growth start-up.
- Vibrant office with monthly socials and activities.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.