“When your thoughts, words, and deeds form a seamless fabric, you streamline your efforts and thus eliminate worry and dread.” - Epictetus.
An exciting, newly established opportunity awaits a skilled and detail-oriented Assistant Financial Accountant to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing professional services business. The company is making substantial investments in both its people and infrastructure, presenting an ideal environment for professional growth.
A fast growing, professional, corporate environment with plenty of growth yet to come. Forward thinking and people-centric, this company acknowledges that its exceptional workforce as its greatest asset, boasting a robust, debt-free balance sheet and a substantial cash reserve.
Working within a small Financial Accounts team, you'll provide a professional accountancy service, playing a role in supporting both tactical and strategic aspects. As this is a new role in an expanding business, there is ample opportunity to add value and make improvements to processes, schedules, and output.
Your duties as the Assistant Financial Accountant will include:
The successful Assistant Financial Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Update and reconcile all balance sheet accounts for all entities
- Assist with the preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Assist with the annual Statutory Audit; liaise with external accountants
- Complete and submit VAT Returns
- Ensure timely payment of all tax and VAT liabilities
- Provide support in tax affairs for both the practice and individual partners
- Ensure compliance with financial laws and regulations together with internal policies and procedures
- Assist with budget preparation, forecasting and financial performance
- Provide support for future business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Exposure to personal and corporate tax work is desirable but not essential
- Experience in audits is desirable
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to commute to Worcester 3 days a week
Hybrid working is on offer with at least 3 days required in the office, the remainder can be worked remotely. Start/finish times can be flexible and other benefits include:
- Life Cover
- Discounts scheme
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.