Sheridan Maine are supporting a leading client based across the South West, who are seeking an accomplished and experienced Management Accountant to join their finance team and contribute to the delivery of professional services for the business.
This is an excellent opportunity, which would suit an experienced Management Accountant to support in the planning and forecasting cycle as well as collaborating in senior management meetings. The role oversees the production and continued development of the monthly management accounts, management information and facilitation of the financial planning cycle (budgets, forecast and long-term business plan).
Key Responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include:
The successful Management Accountant should possess the following skills and experience:
- Production and review of monthly management and assisting with annual statutory accounts
- Responsibility for accurate preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Presenting financial reports and liaising with budget holders
- Management of daily workloads, development of assistant management accountant
- Deputising for line manager in meetings with senior colleagues and presenting to wider Senior finance team
- Processing journals including, accounting of accruals and prepayments
- Ensuring the balance sheet reconciliations are completed in accordance with company best practice
- Providing variance analysis commentary, to explain variances to budget holders and other stakeholders
- Identifying errors on financial systems and ensuring adjustments are made
- Providing ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or Qualified by Experience
- Knowledge of financial reporting and have worked within a financial reporting team
- Group Management Accounts experience
- Collaborative problem solving approach
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present information clearly and concisely
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to establish and build relationships across the business
- Highly organised and have impeccable attention to detail
This role is predominately remote, however will require some time each month to be based from their Hampshire and Dorset offices.Benefits:
A base salary up to £45,000 is on offer for this role, with a range of additional benefits including the opportunity to work in a flexible and remote working pattern, company pension, healthcare schemes and access to additional benefits.You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" as soon as possible.