"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson Mandela.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to partner with a well-established business based in Birmingham in the search for an experienced and dynamic Purchase Ledger Manager. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a skilled professional to lead the EMEA Accounts Payable team, overseeing the efficient and accurate processing of invoices, payments, and expense reports.
Responsibilities of the Purchase Ledger Manager will include:
The successful Purchase Ledger Manager will require the following skills and experience:
- Oversee implementation through to successful go-live of the change to a Sage X3 system.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounts payable department, including payment proposals, payment runs and expense reports.
- Manage and lead the accounts payable team, providing guidance, training, and mentorship to ensure a high level of performance and productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve any issues related to Accounts Payable.
- Participate in month end and year-end close processes.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives, such as process improvements, system implementations, and departmental initiatives, as assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers, resolving any payment discrepancies, enquiries, or issues in a timely manner.
- Review Direct Debit arrangements on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with internal and external AP audit requests for all EMEA entities.
- Proven experience in a similar role/ at a similar level.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and develop a high-performing team.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and compliance.
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid working model (2-3 days working from home).
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
If you possess the skills and experience required for this role and are ready to take on a challenging yet rewarding position and would like to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.