“You can’t learn anything when you’re trying to look like the smartest person in the room.”
- Barbara Kingsolver.
Sheridan Maine is partnering with a leading Academy Trust based in Birmingham to recruit a highly skilled and dynamic Management Accounting Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional to take on a key leadership role within the organisation, contributing to the financial success and strategic direction of the Trust.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, you will guide the financial decision-making process and be accountable for the overall performance of the management accounting function.
Your key responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the role of Management Accounting Manager:
- Lead and inspire the management accounts team, providing clear direction and guidance. Empower finance staff across sites to provide exemplary services, fostering the preservation of best practices across the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Controller and CFO to develop and implement effective financial planning strategies. Drive the preparation, consolidation, and analysis of forecasts, budgets, and long-term strategic plans.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Act as a key point of contact for financial matters and collaborate with other departments to achieve shared goals.
- Provide guidance on compliance, obligations, and responsibilities within the Trust’s regulations.
- Manage the consolidation process for financial reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements. Prepare and present financial reports to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a strong background in management accounting and financial planning.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present financial information to non-finance stakeholders.
If you are a results-driven and strategic finance professional looking to make a significant impact and keen to hear more about this exciting role, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.