“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela.
Sheridan Maine is collaborating with a prominent Academy Trust based in Birmingham to recruit a skilled and dedicated Financial Controller. This is an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned finance professional to lead the financial accounting team, contributing to the overall financial success and strategic direction of the Trust.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller include:
The successful Financial Controller will require the following attributes:
- Lead the Trust's financial accounting team, including Payroll and Procurement, ensuring excellence in service delivery. Oversee all aspects of finance accounting within the Trust.
- Work closely with the Management Accounts and Planning Controller to influence and guide financial decision-making processes within the Trust.
- Provide guidance on compliance, obligations, and responsibilities within the Trust’s regulations.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc financial reports as required by the Finance Director and Executive Leadership Team.
- Provide Trust-wide monthly financial reporting including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Report on cash investment returns and make proposals.
- Capital project tracking and recording to Fixed Assets and its corresponding funding streams.
- Offer strategic and customer-focused internal financial advice across the Trust.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a robust background in financial control and accounting leadership.
- Strong understanding of financial planning, decision support, and internal financial advisory functions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
If you are a strategic and results-oriented finance professional seeking a leadership role in a dynamic environment and keen to hear more about this exciting role, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.