Sheridan Maine is collaborating with a client situated in Poole to recruit for a dedicated Accounts Payable Specialist. Joining a welcoming and supportive team environment within the finance department, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing various responsibilities, with a primary focus on the purchase ledger.
As the Accounts Payable Specialist, key responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently check, code and input accounts payable invoices
- Setting up new supplier accounts
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Query resolution, dealing with accounts payable queries from suppliers
- Processing staff expenses
- Performing journal entries, analysis and reconciliations
- Identify and implement improvements to the payment process for increased efficiency
- Assist in month end closing activities
- Proven working experience in the accounting and finance field
- Strong understanding of the accounts payable process
- Intermediate Excel skills for effective data management
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
If you are a dedicated professional with a background in accounting and finance, possessing the required skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.