“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
We are pleased to present an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to become a part of our client's Malmesbury team on a permanent basis. This role is perfect for a Qualified Accountant (or someone with equivalent qualifications and experience) looking to progress in their career.
The chosen candidate will work in cooperation with the Finance Manager and the team, offering comprehensive assistance for the business, charitable initiatives, and personal finance within the department's scope.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant include but not limited to:
- Generate management reports for business entities, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and providing analysis against budgets
- Manage cash flow forecasts for personal and business use
- Mentor and supervise the Assistant Accountant
- Prepare statutory financial statements for key entities and charitable trusts
- Post and review monthly accounting entries
- Ensure financial accuracy through balance sheet reconciliations and month-end schedules
- Prepare and review VAT analysis and returns; assist with Corporation tax returns
- Support budget preparation and contribute to various projects
- Identify opportunities for process and reporting improvements
- Assist Finance Manager and Head of Family Finance with ad hoc tasks
The successful Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Foster positive relationships across the company and family office entities
- Commit to personal development through training
- Uphold high work standards and address areas that fall short
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as required
- Qualified or QBE
- Proficient in Excel and accounting systems
- Committed to meeting tight deadlines
- Confident communicator with diverse audiences
- Works well independently and in teams
- Discreet, respects confidentiality
- Eager for process improvements
- Adaptable to changing organisational demands
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.