A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a highly reputable employer in Basingstoke with an impressive global footprint.
The ideal candidate will be actively studying towards their accountancy qualification ( AAT / ACCA / CIMA) and keen to progress their finance career long term.
Key duties of the posiiton will include:
- Month end duties; accruals, prepayments, journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany accounting
- VAT and intrastat returns
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Liaise with auditors
- Provide financial reports for management
Experience and skills required, include:
- Competent IT skills, including Excel
- Prior experience of working within a busy accounts role
- Good double entry bookkeeping knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven to produce a high standard of work
This is a rare opportunity to join an established company in the heart of Basingstoke that is well known for providing long term career routes. Full study support will be provided as well as benefits including hybrid working and flexible hours. Car parking is available however the company are also accessible by public transport.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.