“My own definition of leadership is this: The capacity and the will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence.” General Montgomery.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to represent our client, a leading player in the services industry, in their search for a talented and experienced Head of Finance. This is a unique opportunity to become an integral part of a company that takes pride in its excellent company culture and commitment to sustainability as a proud B Corp
About the Role:
As the Head of Finance, you will play a crucial role in steering the financial strategy of our client's dynamic and forward-thinking organisation. This is a hybrid working role, allowing you the flexibility of three days per week in the office, where collaboration and innovation thrive.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
To be considered for the position of Head of Finance, you will require the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Produce monthly financial reports for different business units, summarising key information for decision-making.
- Compile comprehensive consolidated management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cashflow analysis.
- Create reports for the Board and Key Performance Indicators for the CEO, CCO, and Non-Exec Directors monthly.
- Coordinate and manage monthly reporting for the Sales Leadership Team, contributing to Sales LT meetings with the CCO.
- Lead reporting on Gross Margin for sectors, key accounts, and new business ventures across the UK, USA, and Europe.
- Oversee financial operations, including balance sheet reconciliations, liquidity reports, and compliance with tax regulations. Additionally, actively contribute to decision-making and staff development within the finance team.
- Manage external stakeholders across UK, USA and Europe for accounting partners, banking and annual audit processes.
- Development and coaching of the Finance and Procurement Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Industry IR35 processes, HMRC and Accounting Standards.
- Appraise and oversee a range of projects.
- Proven experience in a senior finance role, ideally within the services industry.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with international accounting experience and minimum 3 years post qualification experience.
- Previous exposure of influencing stakeholder behaviour.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to implement change, including system improvements, cost efficiencies and technology innovation.
In addition to the hybrid working model, our client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are a finance professional with a passion for sustainability, ready to take on a leadership role in a company with a remarkable culture, we invite you to apply.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.