“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela.
Sheridan Maine, on behalf of a prestigious international organisation, is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join their finance team as a Senior Management Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with previous experience in people management.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Management Accountant will include:
The successful Senior Management Accountant:
- Lead and inspire a team of three finance professionals. Provide guidance and support, ensuring their professional development and growth within the organisation.
- Ownership of balance sheet.
- Development of efficient workflows to support compliance with capitalisation policies and conducting training sessions for relevant stakeholders to reduce occurrences of miscoding and improper classification.
- Intercompany reconciliations, together with monthly agreement of balances. Journalling intercompany transactions and working with Group on intercompany policy / agreements.
- Responsible for all labour reporting.
- Development and preparation of a monthly Board pack.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement changes to enhance efficiency within the finance function.
- Oversee the month-end procedures, including a thorough examination of the Profit and Loss statement to identify and rectify any mis-postings. Ensure alignment between General Ledgers and run rates.
- Support with various projects including the implementation of a new payroll system and the Fixed Assets Management project.
What’s on Offer:
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA accountant.
- Experience of leading a small team.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with external stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Competitive salary package.
- Hybrid working model, allowing flexibility between office in central London and remote work.
- Opportunities for career development and progression within an internationally renowned organisation.
If you are a dynamic and ambitious individual looking for a challenging role in a supportive environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.