“Whatever good things we build end up building us.” - Jim Rohn.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a leading Property organisation in their search for a talented and motivated Group Financial Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a dynamic and growing team, contributing to the financial success of a prominent player in the property development sector.
As the Group Financial Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining accurate financial records and supporting the overall financial health of the organisation.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to:
To be considered for the role of Group Financial Accountant, you will require the following:
- Assist with production of consolidated reports and analysis including the Annual Report and half year external documents.
- Support the quarterly consolidation process for the group, ensuring accurate and meaningful reporting.
- Act as the main point of contact for external auditors during the annual audit process, ensuring a smooth and efficient audit.
- Support with day-to-day accounting including assisting with accounting for treasury activities.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations and coordinate with external tax advisors when necessary.
- Act as a key point of contact to support the maintenance and publication of Group finance documentation and co-ordination of financial control reporting, providing support for other ad-hoc Group wide tasks, liaising with regional teams.
- Maintaining finance systems data, ensuring the impacts of new coding and changes to structure are understood and implemented on a timely basis.
- Control the production of the Group’s Subsidiary financial statements on the production software.
- Act as a key point of contact in relation to the Group consolidation system, providing guidance and training where required.
- Liaise with the wider business to support the development of reporting and be involved in the delivery of any new finance-related transformation projects.
- Support the finance team with ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- Strong financial accounting skills, including comprehensive knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong experience of group consolidations and statutory reporting of large, listed groups.
- Experience with accounting software and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
This role offers a hybrid working model with three days per week office based.
If you are a dedicated and ambitious financial professional looking to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.