"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." Michael Jordan.
Are you ready to join the dynamic team of a prestigious organisation in the heart of Birmingham? Sheridan Maine, on behalf of our esteemed client, is actively seeking a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to contribute to the success of a prominent entity in the city.
About Our Client:
Situated at the heart of Birmingham's vibrant community, our client stands as a cornerstone of excellence in the city. Recognised for its commitment to success, this distinguished organisation is seeking a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to play a vital role in their finance department.
As the Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Purchase Ledger Manager in processing high volumes of invoices.
Your responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the role of Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will require:
- Processing a high number of supplier invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices.
- Ownership of all unallocated manual payments, chasing VAT documents, posting, and allocating.
- Setting up new supplier’s accounts.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Posting of invoices onto the ledger ensuring that coding and VAT split are correct.
- Daily chasing of purchase order approvals.
- Downloading and analysing credit card purchases and posting to ledger.
- Assist with checking, coding, and posting of staff expense claims.
- Proactively resolve invoice queries over the phone and by email.
- Assisting purchase ledger team with ad hoc requests for assistance on other accounts.
- Proven experience in a similar purchase ledger role is essential.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high volume of work efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proactive and solution-focused approach to resolving issues and improving processes.
How to Apply:
- Immediate start is preferred.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Office-based in Birmingham.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk looking for a new challenge within a prominent organisation in Birmingham, we would love to hear from you! Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.