“The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” - Tim Robbins.
Sheridan Maine has teamed up with a Birmingham-based organisation in the search for a skilled Audit/Accounts Senior to join their team. The ideal candidate will be actively working towards obtaining a chartered qualification (ACA/ACCA) or already hold one. Study support is accessible if needed.
Your responsibilities as the Audit/Accounts Senior will include:
The successful Audit/Accounts Senior will require the following skills and experience:
- Oversee audit tasks, constituting approximately 70% of responsibilities, and manage accounts-related assignments, comprising around 30%, encompassing specialised assignments
- Develop assignment plans, encompassing the identification of key risks, materiality calculations, and related aspects
- Manage the entire assignment process, ensuring the completion of each section
- Compile a comprehensive assignment file for review by the audit partner/manager
- Supervise and provide training to audit trainees throughout assignments
- Utilise CCH/Iris software for the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax computations
- Prepare client accounts based on incomplete records
- Ensure assignments are completed within the agreed-upon time budget
- Stay abreast of technical updates in the field
- Communicate directly with clients and cultivate strong relationships with them
- Qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA
- Experience of leading audit and accounts assignments, ideally with a minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience and an involvement in specialist assignment audits.
- Strong technical competence
- Use of accountancy software with Sage, Xero CCH and Iris experience an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Car owner
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.