“Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES.” William James.
Sheridan Maine is proud to represent our rapidly expanding client, a dynamic service sector business based in the West Midlands. The business is seeking a proactive and skilled VAT Accountant to join its finance team. This is a unique opportunity to business partner with the Head of Tax, Group FD, and wider board members, contributing to the continued success and growth of the organisation.
As a VAT Accountant, you will be an integral part of the finance function, responsible for managing the VAT obligations of the Group.
Your responsibilities as the VAT Accountant will include:
To be considered for the role of VAT Accountant, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Follow clearly defined processes and utilise tools and technology solutions.
- Conduct pre-submission audit checks and file periodic returns within deadlines.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments of VAT liabilities.
- Reconcile VAT and statistical returns to each other and the balance sheet.
- Maintain detailed records of all VAT obligations managed by the Group.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with a focus on VAT.
- Strong understanding of VAT regulations and compliance.
- Proficiency in using financial systems and technology solutions.
- Proactive approach to process improvement.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life insurance and company share scheme.
- Opportunity to work with a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation.
- Career development and progression within a growing business.
- Collaborative and supportive working environment.
If you are a dedicated VAT professional looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a rapidly expanding business, we would love to hear from you. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.