Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with a leading Ecommerce business based in the heart of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly exciting, entrepreneurial business which, over the last 10 years, has seen such impressive growth, they are now the market leader in the UK!
Duties and responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Hands-on management of the Product & Commercial Team, focusing on optimising product availability, pricing, and efficiency.
- Direct and active involvement in the product buying selection each day in line with wider hedging positions.
- Manage the working capital and hedging position, integrating efficiency at every step.
- Identifying and introducing new product ranges aligned with target markets and enhancing customer engagement.
- Deliver exceptional value for customers through driving cost reductions and process efficiencies.
- Building and nurturing relationships with external partners to facilitate streamlined operations and shared objectives.
- Champion the team, embodying our core values.
- Responsible for driving a commercial awareness throughout the whole business, including developing management and KPI reporting.
- Implementing frameworks for better commercial decisions by all team members engaged in day-to-day transactions.
- A commercial focus, and experience in ecommerce, trading or fintech/financial services sector would be beneficial.
- Must be a hands-on leader with a desire to get involved with the day-to-day operations.
- Strong communication and team management skills with experience in mentoring and developing team members.
- You must be comfortable using your own initiative and be focused on delivering to high standards under tight deadlines.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to sell your ideas to key stakeholders.
- You will be proactive, open to change and ready to hit the ground running and you will welcome the opportunity of getting involved in a variety of areas.
- Strong Excel and data modelling skills essential, with an ability to interpret and present complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Working knowledge of pricing methodologies, techniques, and concepts.
- Proven leadership experience in a senior commercial or product management role.
- Role will suit candidates with degree in business, economics, statistics, or finance, and/or accountancy qualifications - but not essential.
- Employee bonus scheme - up to 30% based on company performance.
- Company Car.
- Mobile phone and contract.
- 10% Pension Contribution.
- Private healthcare & life cover.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.