"Success isn't about the money you make; it is about the difference you make in people's lives."
- Michelle Obama.
Sheridan Maine is currently seeking a skilled and motivated Accounts Assistant to join an established organisation based in Heathrow. This exciting opportunity is a temporary assignment, offering a chance to gain valuable experience and contribute to the finance team of a reputable company. If you have experience in a senior accounts payable position within a multi-site business, this role is perfect for you.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for accurate processing of invoices within the group in a timely manner to support operations.
Your key responsibilities as Accounts Assistant will include:
To be considered for the position of Accounts Assistant, you will require the following:
- Ensure invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all supplier invoices are coded and posted to the relevant cost centres
- Review and process payment runs in a timely manner
- Ensure that supplier statements reconciliations are performed monthly
- Monthly reconciliation of the company credit card statements
- Support, train and develop AP clerks in the wider business
- Consistently assess and enhance Financial Accounting and Control procedures to optimise operational efficiency
- Assist in preparing audit schedules for External Auditors
- Ensure all credit notes are processed and chased timely
- Assist with the weekly cashflow forecast
- Collaborate with cross functional departments
- Assisting with month-end and year-end closing activities
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in using Dynamics 365 or other well-known accounting software is advantageous
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills
If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic finance team and gaining valuable experience, please
click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.