“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” - Henry Ford.
We are delighted to announce that Sheridan Maine has formed a partnership with a renowned business-to-business information services organisation, based in London, to acquire a highly skilled Senior Group Financial Accountant on a 12-month FTC.
In this role, your focus will be collaborating with the group finance team and other departments to foster ongoing enhancements and cultivate high-quality management information and insights throughout the organisation. You will be required to be in the office 2 days a week, with the flexibility to work from home for the remainder.
Your responsibilities as the Senior Group Financial Accountant will include:
The successful Senior Group Financial Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Prepare monthly management accounts, year-end annual report, and statutory accounts for subsidiaries
- Manage accounting for disposals, acquisitions, and valuation of goodwill and intangible assets
- Lead integration of new acquisitions into Group consolidation
- Conduct impairment reviews and ensure compliance with loan covenants
- Handle accounting for hedging arrangements, reorganisation transactions, and investments
- Ensure accurate recording of financial instruments and reconcile intercompany loans
- Stay updated on accounting standards, provide technical assistance, and identify process improvements
- Act as a point of contact for SAP BFC queries and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide Audit Committee papers, respond to ad hoc requests, and collaborate with auditors
- Enhance finance systems' effectiveness and maintain positive relationships across the business
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Multinational consolidation experience
- Strong technical skills in IFRS, UK GAAP, and Companies Act
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, capable of managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; experienced with finance systems like NetSuite and SAP Business Objects
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.