“Do it with passion or not at all.” - Rosa Nouchette Carey.
Sheridan Maine is working in partnership with our client, based in Erdington, to secure a Finance Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone studying towards AAT, or similar. You must have 3 years of experience of working in a finance or accounting environment.
Your responsibilities as the Finance Officer will include:
The successful Finance Officer will require the following skills and experience:
- Conduct day-to-day financial department tasks, including processing supplier accounts and managing payment runs
- Handle sales invoicing, credit control, and ensure timely payments with accurate recording of transactions
- Monitor debtor and creditor control accounts, working on month-end processes and reconciliations
- Allocate income and expenditure accurately, process expense claims, and oversee banking activities
- Maintain company-wide financial policies and contribute to the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliation and carry out month-end ledger close processes according to timelines
- Generate aged debtor and creditor reports, reconcile nominal ledgers, and address queries promptly
- 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- Proficient in inputting and maintaining accurate data records
- Effective workload management skills
- Strong communication and time management abilities
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritise for deadlines
- Competent IT skills with hands-on experience in accounting systems
- Resolving accounts queries
- Proficient in Excel and other system applications
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.