"Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine is pleased to represent a well-established and respected organisation based in Bath. The business is looking for a dedicated and skilled Management Accountant to join its team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
This is a pivotal role in the financial operations of the organisation. You will work closely with the finance team to support key financial functions and assist in driving the company's financial performance.
Your responsibilities as the Management Accountant will include:
To be considered for the role of Management Accountant, you will require:
- Preparing and presenting financial reports, budgets, and forecasts.
- Monitoring and analysing financial performance against targets.
- Be the principal point of contact for all finance related queries relating to your designated service areas.
- Collaborating with various departments to provide financial support and guidance.
- Participating in month-end and year-end close processes.
- Coach and train non-finance colleagues to increase their understanding of financial matters.
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of Fixed Asset registers.
- Prepare timely and accurate control account reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation for all core tasks.
- Proven experience as a Management Accountant or similar role.
- Have a good understanding of accounting concepts and ideally be studying for or have relevant professional qualification of a chartered accountancy body.
- Proficiency in financial software and Excel.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
If you are a highly motivated and dedicated individual with a passion for finance and accounting, we would love to hear from you. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.