“Whoso seeks an audit here propitious, pays his tribute, game or fish, wild fowl or venison, and his errand speeds.” William Cowper.
Sheridan Maine is partnering with one of our valued clients based in Southampton to recruit a dedicated and experienced Audit Manager into its dynamic team.
As the Audit Manager, you will be at the forefront of driving operational excellence by independently assessing the design and effectiveness of critical business processes and controls. Your role will be instrumental in identifying areas for enhancement, implementing best practices, and delivering valuable business insights to support our client's continuous improvement efforts.
Your responsibilities as the Audit Manager will include but are not limited to:
To be considered for the position of Audit Manager, you will require:
- Lead and manage end-to-end reviews of complex business processes and controls, ensuring a thorough and independent assessment.
- Assess the design and effectiveness of existing processes and controls, identifying areas for improvement.
- Leverage best practices to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, making recommendations for optimisation.
- Provide meaningful business insights through the audit process, supporting strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate and lead meetings with management to ensure a cohesive approach to process optimisation.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings, recommendations, and action plans.
- Deliver continual guidance, instruction, and mentorship to team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Professional certification, such as CPA or CIA is preferred.
- Significant professional experience with a Big 4, management consulting firm or large/complex internal audit department.
- Strong project management, time management and organisational skills.
- Proficiency in establishing rapport and engaging in challenging conversations.
- Competitive salary of up to £60k
- Diverse benefits package.
- Car allowance.
- Hybrid working – 2 days office based, 3 days working from home.
If you are ready to take on a pivotal role in driving business process improvements and providing valuable insights to an innovative organisation, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.