"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson Mandela.
Sheridan Maine is excited to present a fantastic job opportunity on behalf of our esteemed client. We are currently seeking an immediately available Management Accountant to join their team.
As a Management Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial health of a portfolio of business units. Your primary responsibilities will include producing monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, and 3-year plans, all while ensuring that these reports are accompanied by thorough analytics. You will work closely with divisional management, acting as a trusted financial advisor, and provide valuable commercial insights to support key decision-making processes.
Your responsibilities as Management Accountant, will include but not limited to:
To be considered for the role of Management Accountant, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Manage and produce monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, and 3-year plans with appropriate analytics and adherence to agreed deadlines.
- Preparation and/or review of month end journals, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Review monthly deliveries and revenue, contribution and margin calculations.
- Variance analysis and commentary of actual performance against budget/forecast.
- Prepare and distribute monthly commercial analysis for divisional heads.
- Preparation of cost reporting where required.
- Collaborate with divisional management teams to develop a deep understanding of their financial needs and provide proactive financial guidance.
- Deliver valuable analysis and commercial insights to the CFOO and divisional heads to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Liaison with the statutory auditors on an annual basis, including provision of all necessary information.
- Work closely with Financial Controller on ERP System project.
- Work with the credit control manager and project managers to make sure invoices are sent out on time and payments are received promptly. Assisting where required.
- Proven experience as a Management Accountant or similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and thoroughness of approach.
- Relevant qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent.
The role begins as a 4-month contract with the potential for a permanent position.
If you are an enthusiastic and experienced Management Accountant looking for a new challenge in central London, apply now!
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.