Sheridan Maine is working in partnership with an established and diverse group of businesses based in Bournemouth, Dorset. Who are seeking to recruit a new Financial Controller on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join an evolving business in a key role, working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to oversee the production and controls of the group management reporting function.
Core responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include:
What we are looking for in this role of Financial Controller:
- Day to day management and leadership of the management accounting team (consisting of Qualified and Part Qualified staff)
- Responsible for the preparation of statutory reporting, tax returns and financial statements
- Oversee the team producing the management accounts across the various entities
- Owning the consolidated accounts for each company and business unit in the Group
- Providing audit support ensuring compliance and improving processes and procedures where needed
- Responsible for all accounting systems within the group, implementing improvements and upgrades if required
- Business partnering with key stakeholders across the business, providing detailed analysis and presentation
Additional benefits on offer are:
- The preferred candidate will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience leading a team at this level within finance
- Group or multi-entity experience would be desirable
Bonus, hybrid working, good additional benefits package, 25 days holidays (exc. BH) and parking.
On offer is a competitive benefits package, early finish on Fridays, company pension, on site parking and a real chance to progress and further develop your career in an interesting, positive and evolving business.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.