“Reconciliation always brings a springtime to the soul.” Brother Roger.
Sheridan Maine is proud to represent our client, a renowned global organisation with a strong presence in the EMEA region. Due to high business demand, our client is seeking another skilled and dedicated EMEA Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant to join its dynamic team on a 6-month fixed term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable company that offers flexibility with the option to work from home for most of the week.
As the EMEA Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant, you will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring compliance within the EMEA region. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organisation while enjoying the flexibility of working from home for most of the week, with the requirement to be in the office only once a week.
Your responsibilities as the Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant will include:
The successful Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Contribute to the strategy for in-depth analysis and refinement of legacy and current-year balance sheet reconciliations, emphasising accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Scrutinise data from various source systems, investigate discrepancies, and collaborate with business and finance operations teams to address differences, outstanding issues, and unusual balances
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations within the defined scope remain current, with robust supporting documentation for the upcoming year-end audit
- Assist in resolving outstanding items, including unallocated cash, debtors, prepayments, and accruals
- Identify and promote opportunities for enhancing the reconciliation process
- Offer support to the business for accounting and administrative needs when necessary
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent), AAT, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in reconciliation-focused roles, with a strong grasp of reconciliation processes
- Strong Excel skills - including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
- Previous experience in an international business setting
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.